Saturday, March 8, 2014

Further Explorations in Warp Left Unwoven

Although I am definitely not done with putting sprang into my loom-controlled weaving, I have been wanting for some time to try out some other techniques besides sprang on the portions of my warp that I leave unwoven.

In this project I am using my familiar 10/2 cotton, in one of my doubleweave (triple weave?) layered fabric structures similar to several I've done before.  However, this time in the treatment of the top layer of unwoven warps, I'm trying some wrapping and knotting.

The photo is of a corner of the piece, still in progress on the loom.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product at show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Show and Tell just the best? One more great reason to belong to a weaving guild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S&T is the best....interested to see the unwoven warps when tension is off...

      Delete