Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dye Day at the Gardens Again

This coming Sunday is Fiber Arts Day at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens.  It was such a nice day last year I'm participating again.  Fellow SCHG member Jamie and I will be dyeing using various plant materials, across the Herb Garden from the Tea Room.  Other area guild members will be demonstrating spinning and weaving.

Here are the colors I got at last year's session, using madder, Navajo tea, cutch and logwood.  This year I've selected a less exotic selection of local plants I hope will be easier for visitors to relate to:  madder again because it grows like a weed in my yard, black walnut leaves, a weed called wild lettuce, and ... red cabbage!  What colors will I get with these?  Join us at the Gardens to see, or you'll have to wait until I post the results!

2 comments: